Bringing communities together to collaboratively identify, research, understand, and address ‘wicked problems’ that prevent access to justice, health, and belonging for all people.
CRHESI’s objectives are to:
- Provide support for Western University professors, students and community partners to conduct innovative research related to health equity and social inclusion that optimizes participation of, and outcomes for, people who experience vulnerability or marginalization.
- Facilitate a research context that optimizes engagement with community partners and individuals with lived experience who both participate in and utilize research related to health equity and social inclusion.
- Enhance the mobilization and utilization of research related to health equity and social inclusion for evidence-based decision making in health and public policy, as well as service delivery.
- Create relationships of trust between and among funders, policy makers, service providers, service users, individuals with lived experience and researchers to address emergent needs in our community related to health equity and social inclusion, creating pathways for effecting positive, evidence-informed change in our communities.
- Enhance the profile of Western University faculty, students, and community partners as leaders in research related to health equity and social inclusion in Ontario and Canada, which will not only contribute to the university’s social responsibility mandate, but will also optimize outcomes on obtaining research funding.