CRHESI is hiring a research coordinator for our current Partnership Development grant. To view full details on the opportunity, and apply, go here. Search for Job ID: 13701 Research Coordinator.
The Research Coordinator is integral to the Mobilizing Narratives for Policy and Social Change project, a three-year project funded by the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council’s Partnership Development Grant. The Research Coordinator will work closely with the Principal Investigator to achieve the goals of the project.
– Coordinating the activities among the research project teams
– Facilitating conference calls and face-to-face meetings, including the preparation of agendas and minutes of team meetings
– Liaise with all team partner organizations (government, nonprofit organizations), academic and community researchers
– Prepare drafts of interim reports and papers
– Organize all think tank meetings
– Maintain a centralized system of project records
– Other duties as required
Faculty/Unit: Faculty of Health Sciences
Department: Arthur Labatt Family School of Nursing
Employee Group: Non Union
Appointment Type: Contract
Appointment Status: Temporary Part-Time
Start Date 2018/07/03
End Date 2019/06/28
Hours per Week 8.00 to 10.00
Hourly Rate $29.00 to $32.00
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
– Masters degree in a social or health science discipline
– Community based experiences in advocacy and mobilizing individuals for action related to issues of: poverty & inequality; discrimination, violence, and marginalization; working conditions and employment security; and/or legacies of colonialism and contemporary realities
– Experience developing and coordinating research/educational programs
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– In-depth knowledge of the nonprofit sector in London and area
– Excellent understanding of political processes and social change
– Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to complete detailed analytics and reports
– Demonstrated ability to apply creativity, innovation and resourcefulness to daily work
– Strong attention to detail and proofreading abilities with an excellent command of the English language
– Ability to analyze and synthesize sizable amounts of detail/data
– Strong record of teamwork with the motivation and ability to work independently with little supervision
– Advanced computer skills including spreadsheet design, work processing and database management
– Knowledge of and ability to manage social media platforms, communication and engagement strategies
– Influential interpersonal skills that build positive and strong relationships
– Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple conflicting priorities in a fast- paced environment with frequent interruptions
– Ability to perform duties in a professional and courteous manner and produce high quality work while meeting deadlines
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or phone 519-661-2194.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.